Sunday 30 August 2015

Laundry Talk

Friday was not a good day. Having sourced a new basket for my 2nd hand bicycle Lucille, Paul unintentionally made my bike unusable. Having jimmied the handle bars off, one of the nuts must have over threaded and was unable to be threaded back on to keep the handle bars in place. I was looking forward to evening cycles around our lanes with my basket and bell. I was even contemplating a beret to complete the French look. I am not one to spend out for a new one, so I will have to keep a keen eye out for one at the vide-grenier on Sunday.

Saturday was a cracker of a day, weather wise. Up early while the sun was melting low lying mist from the fields, bundles of washing was completed and out on the rotary line, ready for mammoth ironing session over the weekend. I placed a post on Facebook during the week asking was it me or does anyone else get excited about having a new ironing board. Clearly it was just me.

I don't mind admitting it, I love ironing. And since taking ownership of a Bosch Sensixx B10L, no how matter big the ironing pile I can wade through it in no time. Truth be told for the last couple of months I have been a little less pleased with the ironing board so have been pondering for some time on purchasing a new wider one. During this week my purchasing eye cast over a reasonably priced one at our local Intermarche so in my basket it went, metaphorically speaking. I think it also timely to tell you of my sheer excitement of having a rotary line too! The French have unusual washing line facilities and buying these things at reasonable prices is not like nipping down to Tesco and coming back with plenty of change. I can now get 4 washes on the rotary line and get the ironing done toute suite!



So on a day like today I have been a domestic demon. All the washing done, fridge inventory carried out and cleaned. Pantry re-organised. Due to imminent storing of potatoes. Floors hoovered and washed. Made easier as Paul was working in the morning.


When I took five for a well earned brew, pleased that the washing was out, floors were clean, ironing board at the ready, I am wondering how long it will last in this blissfully clean state when Paul gets home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment